Community Toolbar Mobile Wibiya
Community Toolbar
Community ToolbarCommunity Toolbar
Community Toolbar > How to get rid of the search engine?
How to get rid of the search engine?
4/12/2009 3:48:26 PM
ok as the title says, is there any way to remove that default search engine or a way to move it to right?
Mega User
Re: How to get rid of the search engine?
4/13/2009 3:39:28 AM
Hi tassan,

[quote=ta]tle says, is there any way to remove that default search engine or a way to move it to right?[/quote]

No, removing the default search engine or moving it to the right is not possible.  The search is powered by Google, and like Google the search results can include sponsored results.

The search function is an integral part of the toolbar and the reward program.  The search is how Conduit makes money as a company and provide the toolbar service to us toolbar publishers for free.  Also it is from this that the toolbar reward program works.

Hope that helps.
4/13/2009 3:26:45 AM
[quote=EJ]socialhoneycomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/big-no.jpg][img]http://www.alivepos.com/smile/clickhere.gif[/img][/url]
[/quote]

how helpless of me!  ???

but thanks anyways.
Explorer
5/21/2009 6:06:19 PM
All good and fair reasons to keep the search function, Conduit has to and SHOULD make money.

That said, fair criticism and a request to figure out a different way to do it.  Every browser comes with a search box installed.  PLUS who doesn't have Yahoo or Google toolbars installed?  That's 3 search boxed taking up valuable real estate.  More importantly, that's a search box that is LOWERING the value of my toolbar - for users that already have 2 or more, they are less likely to keep my bar installed when its most prominent feature is another one.

Very least there should be a clearer opportunity to pay Conduit to have the search box removed (CPM or cost per install)